Great Food Blog! check it out
With the Christmas season fast approaching, I thought there’s no better way to start my first blog than with two traditional Christmas pudding recipes, with an optional brandy sauce.
The first is a fuller, richer recipe made with a glass of Irish stout. The second is a lighter way to finish off your Christmas day feast.
FOR THE PUDDING;
- 2oz plain (all purpose) flour
- 4oz breadcrumbs
- 4oz suet (or room temperature butter)
- 4oz brown sugar
- 1lb dried mixed fruit
- Rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 sour apple
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ small bottle of stout
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS;
- Peel, core and grate the apple.
- Grate and juice the ½ lemon.
- Put the flour, breadcrumbs, suet, sugar, lemon rind, dried fruit, grated apple and mixed spice into a basin and mix thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, stout and lemon juice…
View original post 354 more words